Saturday, March 15, 2014

Extra Dirty Vodka Martini

vodka martini, shaken, not stirred

Just like James, James Bond, I prefer my martinis shaken, not stirred. I've also confessed to you in an earlier post that my first martini was indeed a dirty martini and I fell in love with it's briny flavor. I always order this drink extra dirty, so naturally my recipe is just that. One of the other things that I love about this martini in particular are the blue cheese stuffed olives that typically accompany it. Just thinking about the combination now makes my mouth water.

Usually when I post drink recipes, I tell you that the garnishes are optional. In this case I'm telling you it's not. If I order one of these when I'm out and it's served sans blue cheese stuffed olives I'm always a little bit disappointed. So, one extra dirty martini with blue cheese stuffed olives shaken, not stirred coming right up...

Ingredients - Makes 1 Drink
3 oz. Vodka (suggest Chopin)
1 1/2 oz. Blue Cheese Olive Brine
1/2 oz. Dry Vermouth
Garnish with 2-3 Blue Cheese Stuffed Olives

Directions
In a shaker filled with ice add the vodka, olive brine, and vermouth. Shake vigorously until well chilled, then strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with 2-3 blue cheese stuffed olives. Sip to enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment