Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Baby Blue Cheese Ball

be a lover, not a hater...

There are some foods that we all just can't agree on. For example, I love mushrooms, but my husband can't stand even the sight of them. Cilantro is another one. I've heard some describe the taste as lemony soap. I on the other hand find it verdant and fresh and use it often in my recipes. I also think that blue cheese is one of those foods that people either really love or really hate. I'm a lover. So, for my next 3 posts you are either going to love them or hate them.

I was inspired to create this recipe from a cheese ball that my Aunt L has made many times and brought to family events. Her cheese ball recipe requires more ingredients than mine, but it's no more complex (both are quite simple to make). I've included her recipe here as well, see below:


The next time you are looking for an easy party appetizer try either one of these recipes. I highly doubt you will love one and hate the other. Here's how to make my version...

Ingredients - Serves 8
1 (8oz.) Block Cream Cheese
1 T Worcestershire Sauce
3 Green Onions, chopped
1 C (4oz.) Blue Cheese, crumbled
1 C (4oz.) Baby Swiss, shredded
Ground Black Pepper
1/4 C Flat Leaf Parsley, chopped
Assorted Crackers to serve

Directions
Allow the cream cheese to soften to room temperature, at least 1 hour. I suggest using full fat cream cheese for any cheese ball recipe as it holds together better. If you do use light, you may have to serve this in a bowl to keep it together.

Put the softened cream cheese and Worcestershire sauce in a mixing bowl. Beat with a hand mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula as needed. Then add the onions, blue, and Swiss cheeses to the bowl and stir together. Add a big pinch of pepper and mix well. Cover and refrigerate until able to form the mixture into a ball, about 2 hours.

Form the cheese ball and roll it in the chopped parley just before serving. Plate and serve with assorted crackers. I hope you love this recipe...let me know, leave a comment. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment