Monday, August 12, 2013

Creamy Cucumber Gazpacho

cool as a cucumber

I was given the Moosewood Cookbook as a gift a while back and there is a delicious traditional gazpacho recipe in it. I make it every summer and I even include the cucumber that's called for. It's one of the first ways I tried to make myself like cucumbers. I really like the flavors of Mollie Katzen's version and decided to make my own cucumber based gazpacho for this post.

As much as I want to tell you I love my version more, I can't. Don't get me wrong, the recipe is fresh, light, balanced, and flavorful, it's just too much cucumber for me! Luckily, I made this for my husband too and he really enjoyed it. So, for you cucumber lovers out there, make this recipe. Here's how...

Recipe - Serves 4
4C Cucumbers, peeled/seeded/chopped
1 Clove Garlic, chopped
1/2C Flat Leaf Parsley
4 Sprigs Mint
20 Chives
1 1/2C Plain Yogurt (suggest Greek)
Salt & Pepper
Pinch of Sugar
Toppings: Diced Tomatoes & Chives

Directions
Put the cucumber, garlic, parsley, mint, chives, and yogurt into a blender. Blend until smooth. Add approx. 1tsp. salt and pepper. Blend well and taste. Adjust the seasoning to your liking, adding a pinch of sugar if necessary to help round everything out. Chill for at least 2 hours.


When ready to serve, top with the diced tomatoes and chives. I served this gazpacho with crusty bread topped with feta cheese. That helped me eat most of my portion. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment