Saturday, February 14, 2015

Pomegranate Sparkler

will you be my valentine?

My sister sent a picture this morning of my niece Nora and I had to share it. Isn't she so adorable? I could just eat her up! If I didn't already have a valentine, I'd choose her. Anyway, obviously it's Valentine's Day, time for my last red recipe post. For this festive occasion I've made a simple champagne cocktail. Perfect to start out a night promising to be full of love, passion, and romance.

This recipe starts with a simple syrup, which is just equal parts pomegranate juice and granulated sugar. The only other ingredients are sparkling wine or champagne and pomegranate seeds. I suggest a brut (dry) sparkling wine. The pomegranate simple syrup is pretty sweet. Toast your valentine tonight with this Pomegranate Sparkler. Here's how to make it...

Ingredients - Serves 6
1 C 100% Pomegranate Juice
1 C Granulated Sugar
1 Bottle Sparkling Wine, chilled
To Serve: Pomegranate Seeds
Optional: Love, Passion, Romance, and all that gooshy stuff...

Directions
Begin by making the simple syrup: In a small pot combine the pomegranate juice and granulated sugar. Heat over medium until the sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat to cool. Store in a sealed container at room temperature until ready to serve.

Make the cocktail: Pour 1 oz. pomegranate simple syrup into the bottom of a champagne flute. Top with sparkling wine and garnish with a few pomegranate seeds (and all that gooshy stuff). One bottle of sparkling wine will make 6 cocktails. Here's to Valentine's Day! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment