Sunday, December 7, 2014

Lemony Roasted Brussels Sprouts

leafy green...

This simple side dish is just what the holiday season ordered. I'd never had Brussels sprouts until I made them for myself a few years ago. I didn't know what to expect, but I love broccoli and cabbage, so I figured I'd like Brussels sprouts too. Like is an understatement, I love them! They are especially tasty when roasted.

If you've never had Brussels sprouts or it's been a while, make this recipe. It only takes about 30 minutes to make and 20 of those are letting the Brussels sprouts roast in the oven. So, when you need a quick and healthy vegetable to pair with dinner try out some roasted Brussels sprouts. Here's how...

Ingredients - Serves 4
1 Bunch Brussels Sprouts, cleaned & cut in half lengthwise
2 T Lemon Flavored Olive Oil
1 tsp. Kosher Salt
1/2 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
1/2 Lemon, zest & juice
1/4 C Grated Parmesan Cheese

Directions
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.

Spread the Brussels sprouts out on a baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Roast in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or until charred.

Put the roasted Brussels sprouts into a serving dish. Add the lemon zest, juice, and Parmesan cheese and toss well. Serve immediately. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment