Monday, June 16, 2014

Sparkling White Sangria

bubbles, bubbles, bubbles, bubbles...

I don't suppose anyone would want me to make a drink or dessert out of mussels. So, instead, I've made a drink that will pair well with mussels. My Aunt L made this delicious Sparkling White Sangria for my wedding shower a couple years ago. It's crisp and clean allowing the mussels to shine through even as you enjoy this drink. And, just as so many other recipes I've posted, it's super easy to make!

This drink can be made up to 4 hours ahead and refrigerated. It's great for a party or half the recipe for a smaller group - say 2 (ha!). As summer is just around the corner, I'm sure you'll find plenty of occasions to make this drink. Here's how...

Ingredients - Serves 8-10
2, 750ml. Sparkling White Wine (suggest Prosecco)
1 1/2 C Cointreau
1 C Apple Juice (light okay)
1/2 C Orange Juice (no pulp)
1 Orange, thinly sliced
1 Red Apple, thinly sliced
1 Green Apple, thinly sliced
Fresh Mint for Serving

Directions
Combine all ingredients, except for the mint, in a large service. Chill for 1-4 hours. When ready, serve over ice with torn fresh mint. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment